Have a registered Freedom Schools scholar at home? Need to add an additional parent or guardian to our contact or household list? Use this form to send us information.(Note, some questions optional).
Adult's Contact Information
If your home address is different than the address we have on file for your scholar, please fill it in below.
CDF Freedom Schools®
Austin continues in the legacy of the 1964 Freedom Summer civil rights project, a massive effort that focused on voter registration drives and educating Mississippi students for social change.
CDF Freedom Schools is much more than an out-of-school-time literacy program; we teach children the importance of using their voice in their community to become responsible, informed citizens.
Each year every Freedom Schools site across the United States of America celebrates the National Day of Social Action, encouraging students and families to participate in the voting process.
CDF Freedom Schools is sponsored by Welcome Table, Inc.
Welcome Table, Inc., is a source of abundance in East Austin, Texas. In addition to sponsoring CDF Freedom Schools Austin, our Neighbor 2 Neighbor program offers assistance to low income families and seniors, such as:
* food pantry, including fresh produce, for seniors age 55+
*baby diapers, incontinence products, and period products
* utility bill assistance
Serve and be served: volunteer oportunities with Welcome Table, Inc.
N2N volunteer opportunities include:
in-person shifts unloading, packing, or distributing food or diapers. There are also virtual volunteer opportunities.
Freedom Schools opportunities include:
* read aloud guests who read a book to our scholars during Harambee (our daily pep rally style assembly) and other events
* pop up events - set up/break down, and helping with our learning and social activities and events
* administrative tasks, such as helping with our website, flyers, and other materials
* Reading Buddies. Adult volunteers (background check and training required) who meet regularly with schoolars at Norman-Sims Elementary School during the school year for one-on-one book reading together
* summer set site set up and break down (transforming school classrooms into Freedom Schools spaces, loading/unloading boxes of books, snacks, curriculum materials, etc.)
Use this space below to for any comments or questions you have